UPDATES: some pictures of the performance shot in Leicester (when I was in Marseille, controlling the performance) by Nicolas Canot & Mark Towers
If you followed that, the team behind code-control.com in Leicester invited me for the event this week.
UNFORTUNATELY, I wasn’t able to go there at that time.
But I’m participating with 2 things:
- PROJECT1111 will be presented and shown there each of the 3 days from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- I’ll perform remotely on sunday at 19:15PM, check the facebook event
You will be able to see the live set in Leicester in Phoenix Media Center.
So what is my remote setup and what is the purpose ?
I will perform live from home with my laptop using Ableton Live 9.
My music data (MIDI Notes, etc) will be processed by a Max6 patch able to translate that in very lightweight UDP data stream traveling from Marseille to Leicester using Internet. These data will be used/parsed by a bigger Max6 standalone I sent to Leicester. This standalone listens my UDP data and can react by generating visuals.
Here are a couple of visuals
The sound itself will be streamed using Mixlr free service for a high quality.
We tested that already with Sean Carroll (who helped me a lot from Leicester) and here is a basic footage showing his screen recording and mine. If the synchro seems ok, the delays and jitters about the time respect all along the test is really encouraging and nice!
I named this liveset “Waves from Marseille”, as a tribute to our small waves in the sea here and also to the data flow and data transmissions.
This will be a quite dark ambient and noise live set. I hope you’ll be able to listen to it on my mixlr profile
Popular Posts ( 30 days )
- Max for Live Ultimate Zen Guide 820 views
- Disrupt!on 812 views
- The Max for Live Guide english version reviewed/edited by Mark Towers 756 views
- Ableton Live 9 Python remote scripts 687 views
- Ableton PUSH and VST 675 views
- Options.txt in Ableton Live 9 and secret features 556 views
- Saturation digital piece is finished 491 views