Design the Media & I have been targeted & approached about a big Max5 installation project for a permanent exhibition.
I made it!
Now, I can name the place/museum.
- 24 systems with OS Windows 7 64bits + 1 server with Windows 2008 server.
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet Network
- 7 touchscreen
- 10 video-projectors
- 20 rfid readers
- 7 arduino boards with 8 buttons + 8 ultrasonic sensors
- 2 multichannel (>4) sound system
I designed the whole system, integrating visuals from a graphic designer, videos from footage makers, sounds from sound designers.
I had to create several tricky systems like:
- a dynamic subtitler for video (using basic .srt files for easy maintenance & change by the customer)
- a scheduler (using UDP datagrams to shutdown the whole exhibition at particular hours all along the years & using Wake On Lan UDP datagrams to wake up all in the morning too)
- a database integration (it provides a system to make Max5 patches knowing what is the language of the visitor’s RFID Card)
- full network connections to remote control all patches with UDP datagrams (put the installation stand by mode to save energy, etc)
- specific Arduino firmwares (input reading + output writing)
This Museum has been inaugurated by the french Ministry of Culture, on June 2011.
I’m proud about this big project and I learned (again & again) a lot with it.
Learning everytime is so nice!
I hope to make & build systems like that in a (close) future but actually, I’m on many other amazing projects and probably more personal projects.
Indeed, on my own, I wrote and sent a state of intent for a personal installation system.
Popular Posts ( 30 days )
- The Max for Live Guide english version reviewed/edited by Mark Towers 877 views
- Disrupt!on 853 views
- Max for Live Ultimate Zen Guide 668 views
- Options.txt in Ableton Live 9 and secret features 652 views
- Ableton Live 9 Python remote scripts 642 views
- Ableton PUSH and VST 625 views
- Did you know the [bon]ome ? 413 views